Friday, June 29, 2012


Maroon 5 'Hands All Over' Tour- Shooting Star Event Center, Mahnomen, MN

This was an interesting shoot with the aspect that, the night before, Maroon 5 performed at the Target Center in Minneapolis, and now, tonight they sold out the Shooting Star Event Center.  It's not very common for larger groups to play, smaller venues, however, with that said, that didn't seem to affect M5's performance none-the-less, as the energy in Adam Levine, and band was certainly there!  I was equipped with my 80-200 which proved to be my lense of choice for this shoot.  The Event Center does not have a photo pit, so you pretty much shoot where ever you can, even if it means blocking someones view for a few seconds of shots.  I will admit, I was a bit more bold, standing in front taking shots of the group, this time, and sometimes kneeling down.  The lighting for the group wasn't too hard to follow, as it seemed to repeat for most songs, one spot on Adam, and stage lights for the band.  ISO was 1600 and shutter speed right around 125-200. I was allowed to shoot for the first 3 songs.





















No comments:

Post a Comment